John Philip Newell is the celebrated author of Listening for the Heartbeat of God: A Celtic Spirituality, and a co-founder of Heartbeat: A Journey Toward Earth’s Wellbeing – an organization committed to enabling:
- the articulation of earth-honoring spirituality
- the pursuit of interfaith relationship
- the practice of contemplation and action
This weekend experience is offered in partnership by San Francisco Theological Seminary, Westminster Presbyterian Church in Tiburon, and First Presbyterian Church of San Anselmo.
Over the course of the weekend, you can experience John Philip Newell – and earth-honoring Celtic spirituality – in lecture, workshop, and worship in the following events: (Please note these 3 events are taking place at 3 different locations)
- Friday, January 20, 2017, at 7pm-9pm: “The Sacredness of Nature: A Celtic Perspective” – John Philip Newell presents the Green Chautauqua lecture at First Presbyterian Church, San Anselmo
- Registration appreciated – no fee
- $20 suggested donation at the door.
- Book signing to follow lecture
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 9am -2pm: A Retreat Day with John Philip Newell at San Francisco Theological Seminary, Lower Alexander Hall
- Online Registration REQUIRED – seating is limited
- Event fee is $80 and includes refreshments and lunch
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 8:30am & 10am: John Philip Newell, preaching in worship at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Tiburon