SFTS is a top seminary school on the west coast, and the best way to find out what makes it so remarkable is to visit our beautiful campus! Whether you come as a day visitor or as part of a prospective student event, you’ll receive a warm welcome and an opportunity to fully engage with our community. Make sure to include SFTS as you search theological seminaries in California for Christian PhD programs or pastoral counseling programs to further your career development and spiritual discovery.
As a day visitor, you may sit in on a class, worship with us in chapel, and get to know current students and SFTS faculty members. We would love to meet you in person and introduce you to everything SFTS has to offer. We often can accommodate you overnight if you’ve come from a distance.
If you’re making an individual visit, please give us two weeks’ notice so we can plan your visit most effectively.
Schedule your visit now.
Daily chapel services
Services are held each day of the week during the academic year, except Wednesday, and begin at 12:05pm. All students, faculty and staff, as well as the greater community, are welcome to attend any and all services.
Learn more about Community Worship at SFTS.
Preview Weekend for Prospective Students
For the fullest possible introduction to SFTS, you can’t beat the Preview Weekend for prospective students. Part academic seminar, part spiritual retreat, Preview Weekend introduces the robust theological education and reflective community environment you’ll experience every day at SFTS.
Learn more about the next scheduled Preview Weekend and register now.
- Spend a day as an SFTS student, attending classes, worshipping in chapel, and socializing at community lunch.
- Get to know the campus community through structured discussions and informal gatherings with faculty, staff, and students.
- Learn about the wealth and diversity of resources available through our relationship with the Graduate Theological Union.
- Consider where you’ll live, what classes you’ll take, and how you will fund your SFTS education through conversations with our Student Life staff.
- Explore your own sense of call to ministry through meaningful worship, spiritual practices, and optional one-on-one vocational counseling.
- SFTS hosts Preview Weekends each fall and spring. Your housing and meals are provided. For more information, please contact our admissions team. You are encouraged to participate in the entire weekend, beginning Thursday afternoon and concluding Saturday afternoon.