Director of Discipleship and Missions, Brownson Memorial Presbyterian Church, Southern Pines, NC
Brownson Memorial Presbyterian Church is actively seeking a “Director of Discipleship and Mission”. It is a full time position, with benefits, not necessarily ordained.
The position combines education and outreach. It involves supporting and leading adult education, leading small groups, and helping members be involved in mission, local and global.
Brownson is a vibrant, growing congregation, with a caring supportive staff.
Please contact Ann Edgerton or Shauna Lovin, chairs of the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the church visit www.brownsonchurch.org. A job description may also be viewed on the website.
Director of Children and Youth, First Presbyterian Church, Naples, FL
If you love the beach and working with children and youth, here’s the job for you. First Presbyterian Church is a vibrant congregation located in the heart of Naples, a beautiful, town on the southwest coast of Florida. They are searching for a Director of Children and Youth to guide children and youth in growing into their commitment through programs which strengthen and nurture their faith. This person will join a collaborative (and fun!) staff team and Christian Education Committee in building dynamic, Christ-centered, and sustainable ministries for children and youth.
Candidates whose calling is the spiritual development of children and youth and possess a mature faith must apply. A degree in Christian Education is preferred and/or 3+ years of experience working with children and youth. Other qualifications include the ability to recruit, lead, and equip volunteers, strong interpersonal skills, working knowledge of how relationships work, and excellent organization skills.
Applicants can send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Transitional Coordinator of Children’s Education & Family Ministry, First Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI
First Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor seeks a Transitional Coordinator of Children’s Education & Family Ministry to provide organizational leadership over ministry activities for young children and families. The Coordinator will work in partnership with parents, church staff, and adult volunteer leaders to organize and support events based on the church calendar.
The Transitional Coordinator of Children’s Education & Family Ministry will guide all aspects of ministry with children from infancy through grade 5 and their families. The emphasis at First Pres will be on creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, establishing healthy relationships, offering opportunities for young families to grow in faith, sustaining vital and effective programs, and forging connections between young people and the congregation-at- large of First Presbyterian Church. The Coordinator will work collegially with the Children’s Education and Family Ministry Work Group and the Christian Education Committee, be part of the First Presbyterian Church staff team, and report to one of the installed Pastors.
Applicants who are highly organized, passionate about children’s ministry, have an innovative, compassionate spirit, are highly relational with both parents and children, can work effectively with a large church leadership team, and are able to take initiative should apply. This is a full- time position open to ordained or non-ordained individuals, intended to be 12 months in duration, with the potential to be extended. Although the intent is to hire one full-time person, First Pres is open to duties being split between two individuals. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and final terms of the position.
- Provide spiritual nurture for children and their families, equipping young people to
become followers of Christ.
- Create a welcoming environment and safe haven for all young children (from birth
through grade 5) and their families to interact, provide mutual support, explore a healthy
Christian faith, and connect with the Christian story.
- Facilitate and encourage worship participation and leadership.
- Foster the ongoing, vibrant formation of a healthy, expressive faith in Jesus Christ and
connection to First Presbyterian Church.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with children and parents.
- Connect with young families using contemporary social media tools.
- Support and encourage parents and families with young children. Create and offer
opportunities for learning, growth, and inspiration.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the Sunday Church School program for infants through
Grade 5, including weekly classes, children’s worship opportunities, and stewardship
and mission projects.
- Recruit, train, coordinate and support volunteers and childcare providers in implementing
Sunday Church School, including teachers, weekly hall monitors, and childcare providers.
Family Education & Activities
- Plan, coordinate, and direct activities for children and families, such as the Milestone
- ministry program, and support other intergenerational activities.
- Promote registration for Camp Westminster.
- Support the designated Resident Minister in Young Families at First and Families at First Seasonal and Intergenerational Activities
- Plan and coordinate seasonal and one-time activities for children and families, such as the Christmas Pageant, Ash Wednesday service, Lent/Easter activity, All-church picnic, family potlucks, and intergenerational events.
- Plan, recruit, coordinate with other churches, and participate in the Summer Vacation Bible School.
Child Care and Nursery Program
- Recruit, train, coordinate and support childcare providers and weekly hall monitors for
Sunday morning services and other times as needed.
- Review, enforce, collect data for, and maintain the Child Safety Policy.
- Maintain supplies for Sunday Church School, including curricula and materials for the
Teacher Resource Room.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Triangle Nursery School.
Supervision and CommitteeResponsibilities
- Work collegially with the Children’s Education and Family Ministry Work Group/Christian Education Committee to establish annual ministry goals and priorities, to set the monthly meeting agenda, and to share information.
- Attend weekly church staff meetings and regular program planning gatherings.
- Plan and coordinate activities that stay within the budget of the Children’s Education and Family Ministry work group.
- Reflect an engaging Christian faith, a welcoming spirit, and a love for young families
- Have a calling to work with children through grade 5 and their parents
- Combination of education and experience that would demonstrate interest, ability, or
experience in working with children and families. Degree/training in liberal arts or education field (or other relevant field such as social work) from an accredited college, training program, or university
- Demonstrate significant experience in organizing and planning educational programs
- Show maturity, discretion, and the ability to work effectively with children, their parents, adult volunteers, and church staff
- Knowledge of or ability to adopt best practices in child care and the legal requirements of
child safety and protection
- Organizational skills and experience working with a multifaceted project
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with others, depending on
- Training in Christian Education from a fully-accredited theological seminary or equivalent
training and experience
- Previous experience directing educational programs for children
- Membership in the Association of Presbyterian Church Educators a plus.
- Master of Arts in Christian Education (M.A.C.E.), Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or relevant
graduate training in Christian education, religious studies, psychology, counseling, social work or a related field
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position has been filled. Questions may be directed to Kate Silbert, Chair of Christian Education, or Linda Dabrowski, Chair of Personnel, via the same email address.
Director of Christian Education, Kenilworth Union Church, Kenilworth, IL
Lake Michigan, bike trails, museums, music festivals, restaurants and our “world series Cubs” are just a few reasons why people adore Chicago! So, if you love working with children, want the opportunity to create something vivacious and new, and are excited to be part of a collaborative staff, Kenilworth Union Church could be for you!
Located in Chicago’s North Shore suburbs, Kenilworth Union Church www.kuc.org is searching for a Director of Christian Education to oversee and implement a comprehensive vision for Christian education and faith formation for infants through sixth graders and their families. With 25-40 kids per grade, the church is heavily invested in children and families. This new position has been created to complement the children’s ministry staff and build on a strong program. Kenilworth Union is an inclusive church community whose identity is formed by its devotion to God, inspiring worship, service in the community and a deep commitment to nurturing our children and youth in faith. Founded in 1892, Kenilworth Union is one of the oldest non-denominational protestant churches in the United States.
Candidates interested in applying should have a Master’s Degree in Christian Education or Early Childhood Education. In lieu of a master’s degree, a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education paired with a certification in Christian Education is acceptable. Candidates should also have 3+ years of experience as a Christian Educator or in a teaching environment. Additional personal and professional qualifications include excellent communication skills, mastery in classroom instruction and guidance of faith formation, a joyful presence with children and their families, and Christian faith and values.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, statement of faith, and resume to email@example.com
Children’s Church Teacher, Community Congregational Church, Tiburon, CA
The Children’s Church Teacher will provide a weekly lesson to CCC’s children, focusing on their developing a relationship with the benevolent Source of all life. Using storytelling, art, play acting and music, the children will be exposed to values held by progressive Christians while also cultivating knowledge and respect for peoples of all faith traditions. Caring for the environment and all of Creation will also be a key value to be relayed. The goal is to help our children recognize the love of God/Spirit in their lives and relationships as well as help them feel a part of the church.
The Teacher will arrive by 9:30 AM on Sunday morning to set up the room and is expected to stay after church until all children have been picked up by their parents and the room tidied, approximately 11:45 AM. Once per month, the Teacher will write a brief article for the church Website or E-news describing a recent lesson or experience with the children and Teacher. This is a way for members of CCC who are not parents to have an opportunity to hear about the Children’s Church program.
A qualified candidate has experience in child care or early childhood development as well as personal experience in a church or other faith community. Seminary training and/or previous work experience teaching Sunday School in a progressive church setting is desired but not required. The candidate must be a self-starter as the Teacher is entirely responsible for the planning and implementation of weekly lessons. She/he must be a nurturing and patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children. She/he must be 18 years of age or older. References are required and the candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning. CPR and First Aid trainings are desired but not required.
The Children’s Church Teacher will be supervised by CCC’s pastor, Rev. David Gregory.
Children’s Church Teacher will be responsible for:
– Welcoming the children and maintaining a good rapport with their parents;
– Working with rotating church volunteers who are present to support the Teacher
– Keeping children comfortable and safe;
– Providing an engaging yet flexible lesson plan that can accommodate a range of interests/abilities;
-Maintaining flexibility about bringing children back into the sanctuary for communion or reasons when requested by the minister or deemed necessary;
-Straightening and picking up the room after the morning session;
-Reporting any concerns or suggestions for improvement to Rev. Gregory.
This position will pay $100 for each work week which includes lesson preparation time prior to Sunday, and Sunday mornings as previously noted. The Teacher will provide a monthly invoice to the Office Manager for payment. The relationship between CCC and the Teacher will be that of principal and independent contractor. She/he will not be considered an employee. No payroll or employment taxes of any kind will be withheld or paid by CCC on behalf of the Teacher; CCC will issue an IRS 1099 Form to the Teacher reflecting all compensation paid during the year.
Note: This job description will be used as a guide for the Teacher. Responsibilities may be changed or added, with guidance by Rev. Gregory, as Children’s Church evolves with time.
Start date for position is September 9, 2018. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, Reformed Theological College, Kampala, Uganda
The members of Mission to Every Nation (MEN), Uganda welcome applications and references for the position of Principal for the Reformed Theological College (RTC), Uganda. The search committee seeks a dynamic, capable, and visionary leader who can take the college to the next missional level.
- Korean (or Korean residing in foreign countries or having foreign citizenship) Missionary*
*This position is advertised as a voluntary (unpaid) position, and the candidate must have his/her own source of income and/or financial sponsorship
- Must have 4 or more years of cross-cultural mission or ministry experience
- Gifted, skilled, and experienced in institutional development work
- Must have experience and understanding of African culture and society
- Must have at least a Master’s Degree (Ph. D. preferred, though not required)
- Under the Age of 60
- Resume or CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Letter of personal introduction which includes the testimony of the applicant’s call to be a missionary, and ministry and mission experiences
- Diploma and transcript of the last completed Degree /school (1 copy each)
- Proof of work or employment experience where applicable
- Proof of other qualifications where applicable
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – 1 from a colleague that has shared ministry work within the past 10 years with the applicant, 1 from a mentor who knows the applicant well (Senior pastor, department or organizational head, etc.)
Submission Methods and Dates
- Application deadline: June 30th, 2018
- If by Email : email@example.com *Please include the applicant’s full name in both the subject line and the attached documents
- If by Post: Reformed Theological College, P.O. Box 26949 Kampala, Uganda *All application materials must arrive in Kampala by the deadline (Recommend all postal mail be postmarked at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline)
- Candidates will be individually notified of the dates for their personal interviews
- Applicant will lose their eligibility for candidacy if any of the information he/she provides proves to be false
- All documents submitted must be in English
- For Any Inquiries: MEN Mission Organization email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Korean ministry opportunity 한국인 선교사 학교장 인선 공고. Please click on PDF file for Korean translation 한국어 버전은 PDF 파일을 클릭하십시오.
Seminary Intern, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Belleville, IL
Westminster Presbyterian Church seeks to hire a seminary intern who feels called to be a part of a small congregation (50-ish members) that is seeking revitalization through creative new endeavors, a deeply loving congregation with a wide range of political and theological views among its members.
We seek a creative, enthusiastic person who is willing to both learn and teach, who seeks to help us share the Gospel in both word and deed, who has respect for tradition but is willing to turn tradition upside-down.
The internship position will be approximately 12 hours per week and is available for Summer 2018, School Year 2018-19, and/or Summer 2019. (The total timeframe could be devoted to one intern, or broken into semesters or other timeframes depending on need and availability.)
The duties of the intern will include regular preaching, pastoral care, and administrative opportunities, plus opportunities to be part of the creative worship and outreach experiments in which Westminster is engaged. (Download full description here. Download application here.)
Part-Time Assistant Youth Director, CornerstoneSF, San Francisco, CA
CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to worship Jesus, and learn about Him for a little over an hour in a casual, yet reverent space. So whether it’s at our Mission or Lake Merced campus, our goal is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus, and invite others into life with Him.
Youth at Cornerstone strives to lead teens toward an authentic relationship with Jesus and create lasting and life-giving relationships with each other. Essentially, we want our students to be alive and unified! We are looking for an Assistant Youth Director who wants to be a part of this movement in the lives of junior high and high school students. They will report to the Youth Director and help in various capacities.
– Help set up and execute weekly Sunday services and other events
– Lead games and icebreaker activities on Sundays and at events
– Teach 2-3 Sundays per month
– Connect with students on a weekly basis in a one-on-one and small group setting
– Some administrative responsibilities; help with social media
– Attend and help with camps and retreats
Qualifications and Expectations:
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, with a lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment
– Passion for teens and leading the next generation to Jesus
– Outgoing and charismatic personality, and connects with teens relationally
– Strong interpersonal communication skills
– Team player that is hardworking and eager to learn
– Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
– Apt organizational and administrative skills
– Ability to manage time and complete assignments
– Commitment to the body outside of youth ministry, including attending worship services regularly
– Reliable transportation is required; having your own car and providing occasional rides for students is a bonus
Hours and Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, part-time, paid position. It will be roughly 20 hours per week but will vary slightly from week to week. Compensation is dependent upon experience and capability.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information or documents to Larissa@cornerstonesf.org
Part-Time Director of Youth Ministries, Valley Presbyterian Church, Portola Valley, CA
Join us in dreaming and innovating the future of the church in the California redwoods.
Purpose and Goals
Model a personal and active faith
Lead youth program and develop age appropriate activities that promote community, fun, and faith development
Meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of students
Create a safe environment for students to experience a supportive youth group and larger inter-generational community in a way that encourages questions and connection
Create an events calendar for fall and spring semesters (considering the various school schedules), distribute calendar, recruit parent volunteers to provide meals, transportation, and supervision
Includes: monthly connection events and a mission opportunity at least once a semester in coordination with the Mission Committee
Includes two annual overnight events to be determined and planned
Manage annual youth budget
Develop and recruit youth volunteers who can provide relational connection, mentoring and assistance with events
Maintain records of activities, including participants, costs, permission slips, and incident/accident reports
Support students outside of church through attending sports games, performances, and other activities
Be available for guidance and counseling for youth on an as needed basis
Continue youth alumni involvement with 1-2 events throughout the year
Responsibilities on Sundays (One Sunday off per month)
Serve as the teacher for the high school Sunday School class
Focus for class: meeting the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of students in a safe environment
Coordinate and recruit parent-teachers for the middle school Sunday class
Act as liturgist quarterly and incorporate youth into worship leadership roles
Lead and engage the youth in planning Youth Sunday (April of each year)
Co-teach (with Pastor) the Confirmation Class every other year
Create Class schedule and distribute
Reports to Head of Staff/Senior Pastor
Attend weekly Staff meeting
Attend Session and other committee meetings, as needed and in conversation with Head of Staff/Senior Pastor
Write Annual Report on Youth Activities
Work and communicate well with other staff members
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume to Office@valleypreschurch.org. Thank you
Half-Time Moderator, Kenwood Community Church, Kenwood, CA
Kenwood Community Church is a UCC affiliate in Kenwood, California. Located in the heart of Sonoma Valley, it is a welcoming church rich in tradition and progressive in its values. Established in 1889, the church is a New England Congregational-style building on the village green, well-maintained and debt-free. With seventy-eight members mostly in the latter third of their lives, the congregation is united in purpose and active in its outreach to the community. The church is lay-led with members participating in the leadership of Sunday services. We have vibrant men’s and women’s groups, a popular Bible study program and give generously to local charities and UCC special offerings. We are looking for a half-time pastor who is an engaging preacher and has a heart for providing warm pastoral care to members in need.
Apply by December 30, 2018, email@example.com
Full-Time Summer Internship, Mariners Community Church, Half Moon Bay, CA
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the current Children’s Ministry environment by serving, leading, coaching, encouraging, and bringing new creative fresh ideas to the ministry. The intern will work with the Children’s Ministry Director to discover and develop new ways to assist the children and families in their walks with Jesus Christ. The outcome of this internship would be to encourage children and their families to deepen their walks with Jesus Christ.
• Support and enhance the Children’s Ministry environment where families feel welcomed, included, and excited to come to church.
• Support the Children’s Ministry Director in planning and running the Summer Camps as a lead and as a coach for the leaders that are involved.
• Lead and supervise youth volunteers as they serve in Children’s Ministry activities such as Day Camp, Sunday morning programing, and Front Yard Clubs.
• Support the Children’s Ministry Director in honoring and coaching current Children’s Ministry team members as well as expanding and growing the team.
• Create and plan two Family Fun Events outside of our Day Camps.
• Lead Sunday morning classes for the elementary aged students, including writing and preparing one Sunday School Lesson of his or her choice.
• Other responsibilities as requested by Children’s Ministry Director.
Organization and administration skills
Creative Problem Solving skills
Experience in leading or teaching children
Apply by July 15, 2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Milton-Freewater, Oregon
Grace Presbyterian Church, of Milton-Freewater, Oregon, is a close-knit, caring church family committed to doing the work of Jesus in our community and in our world. We are looking for a part-time pastor, or commissioned lay pastor, who will lead and love the people of Grace, embrace the community of Milton-Freewater, and enjoy living in the beautiful Walla Walla Valley! Our pastor search is for someone who will plan and lead worship joyfully, provide pastoral care to our church family, participate in the life of our community and in the mission of our church family to be Christ’s hands, feet and heart in our world. A bi-vocational candidate would be welcomed, and our congregation, with many long-term ties to the greater Walla Walla Valley, would be able to assist in the bi-vocational employment search.
For more information, please contact Judy Chesnut, Clerk of Session at email@example.com with questions or to receive a copy of our mission study. We also recommend that you review our Minister Information Form (MIF) at the Church Leadership Connection (CLC) website.
We know you are “out there” somewhere, someone who is filled with hope and joy for the opportunities God provides! We long for your presence here and for the time when God will lead you to us!
Full-time Associate Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Springfield, VA
The Associate Pastor will focus 60% of their efforts on youth and family programs with the remaining working hours applied to education programming, mission and general pastoral duties. Grace is engaged in local, national and world mission activities, with a sister church in Palestine and active ministries in Honduras. For more information contact Donna Lucas at (703) 517-9027 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time Associate Pastor/Director of Outreach, Claremont Presbyterian Church, Claremont, CA
The Associate Pastor will work to build relationships with children, youth and families; facilitate curriculum planning for the congregation’s children and youth; recruit and train volunteers to work with children and youth; help lead weekly worship; build relationships with individuals and organizations in our community; explore the potential for creative collaboration and partnerships with the world. For more information contact Sam Atwood at (909) 624-9693 or email@example.com
Part-time Director of Youth, Valley Presbyterian Church, Portola Valley, CA
Sunday responsibilities for this position include serving as teacher for the high school Sunday School class, recruiting and coordinating parent teachers for the middle school Sunday School class, acting as liturgist on a quarterly basis, and co-teaching (with the Pastor) the Confirmation Class every other year. Other duties include creating an events calendar, managing the youth budget, maintaining records of activities, attending weekly staff meetings, and supporting students outside the church by attending sporting events, performances and other activities. Please send your resume to Office Office@valleypreschurch.org
Full-time Director of Youth and Young Adults, St. Charles Avenue Presbyterian Church, New Orleans, LA
This is a non-ordained position at a large (approx. 1,150 members) uptown New Orleans church; 5 years youth ministry and a bachelor’s degree are preferred. The Director will report directly to the Senior Pastor with support from the church staff, the spiritual formation committee, and dedicated volunteers. To learn more about the church and this position go to
https://www.scapc.org/dyya-job-description/ or call (504) 481-7632. Submit a resume (by May 13, 2018 please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Family Ministries, First Presbyterian Church, San Anselmo, CA
This ministry position is open to SFTS students, responsibilities include those involving Family Sundays. For further contact Dr. Joanne Whitt at JoanneWhitt@TogetherWeServe.org
Part-time Director of Youth Programs, Mt. Tampalpais United Methodist Church, Mill Valley, CA
The Director of Youth Programs is responsible for programs for youth, 5th-12th grades. Responsibilities include development and implementation of specific programs targeting middle and high school youth; working with families through events and programs; and overseeing activities involving youth. For more information contact Tricia Wiig at email@example.com or (415) 388-4456
Part-time Music Worship Leader, Sturge Presbyterian Church, San Mateo, CA
This part-time position (4 hours/week average) includes a monthly meeting with the pastor, music selection, preparation (including music slides) and Sunday morning worship leadership. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys leading contemporary Christian music, while mixing in traditional hymns, and introducing new styles and songs, supported by either piano or guitar. For more information contact Pastor Karen at (650) 344-6803 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time Pastor, Valley Presbyterian Church, Mesquite, NV
Located approximately 90 mins. from Las Vegas this medium sized, conservative church is looking for a pastor to help the church grow in terms of membership and Spirit. Responsibilities will include leading Bible study, engaging in visitations and helping to create new programs that will attract younger congregants. To find out more about the church go to vpcmesquite.org. For further information regarding the position or to apply call (541) 504-8636 or go to email@example.com