We are excited you’ve chosen to explore San Francisco Theological Seminary!
Applications for Fall admission are due by April 1. Applications received after April 1 will be considered at the committee’s discretion on a space-available basis. Applications for Spring admission are due by November 1.
Admission requirements for the Diploma in Chaplaincy/Spiritual Care Research Literacy
- MDiv degree or equivalent (e.g., other master’s degree in theology or religious studies)
- Active engagement in a recognized, traditionally ordained ministry
- Three years of professional ministry experience after completion of the MDiv
- Board Certified Chaplain, four units of Clinical Pastoral Education, or eligibility for board certification
- English as a Second Language applicants must have a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper version) or 80 (internet version)