Which concentration is right for you?
Hear From Alumni: Putting Your Dmin to Work
Important Details about Our Doctor of Ministry Program
DMin Admissions Deadlines
Summer*: April 1
January Intersession: November 1
Late Admission: This is possible in some cases. Please contact the APS program office for more information.
* Students in the Chaplaincy/Spiritual Care Research Literacy concentration may opt to start in the Fall and begin with the sequence of three research methodology courses.
DMin Admissions Requirements
Students are expected to meet all of the following standards:
- MDiv degree or equivalent (e.g., other master’s degree in a religious subject)
- Active engagement in a recognized, traditionally ordained ministry
- Three years of professional ministry experience after completion of the MDiv
- English as a Second Language applicants must have a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper version) or 80 (internet version).
$50 non-refundable application fee for domestic applicants. $250 non-refundable application fee for international applicants.
DMin Degree Requirements
- Six 3- unit seminars
- Dissertation/Project Orientation and Proposal Seminars
- A final Dissertation/Project
The SFTS DMin degree is designed for students to complete the degree requirements, including the Dissertation/Project, in a 5-year period.
Click here to see the timeline for completing the DMin program in 5 years. Most students are expected to begin with a Summer Session.
SFTS does not offer financial aid to Doctor of Ministry students. D.Min. students needing financial assistance may be able to access private sources, including their employer (church, hospital, or military) or denominational resources.
Students who qualify, may want to apply for a Federal Stafford Student Loan. More information about federal loans and other opportunities is available here.
Tuition is charged per course for each of the required six courses in the first phase of the DMin program. After completion of coursework, students pay tuition per semester for DMin Supervision.
$1895 per course
$600 per semester for DMin Supervision
Tuition is due at the start of each term. If you wish to make a payment plan for your tuition, the SFTS business office is available to assist you 415.451.2804.