If you are looking for studies at the level of a doctor of divinity program, consider our Doctorate in Ministry (DMin), or the Doctorate in Theology (ThD), and Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD). Both the ThD. and PhD. are offered in conjunction with the Graduate Theological Union. Each offers a rich experience that will deeply transform the way you approach ministry and prepare you for the advanced understanding in your selected practice.
The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program fosters student development to find new ways to serve individuals and institutions both within and outside of the Church. The Seminary’s collaborative environment is an incubator for the research and development of alternative understandings, new tools, and novel resources for ministry in a rapidly-changing world.
DMin students enjoy:
- Non-traditional grading through practitioner-oriented feedback
- Yearlong and summer course options
- A Dissertation and Project focused on the practice of ministry
- Emphasis on innovative tools for the practice of ministry
- Program options that are varied and contextually-oriented
- A community of practice that shares in learning and worship
- Additional course options offered through McCormick Theological Seminary
The GTU offers both the PhD and the ThD. Both are advanced academic degrees intended to prepare students for professional careers in teaching, writing, and scholarship, as well as leadership opportunities with religious organizations, social service agencies, foundations, museums, libraries, publishing, and in educational institutions.