The Office of the Registrar coordinates registration and courses for the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, and the Master of Arts in Theological Studies programs. Information regarding requirements for both SFTS and GTU programs is available in the Office of the Registrar.
Current students may check their grade records, registration status, and account status on the Student WebAdvisor section of the GTU website. To log in, you will need to use your User Name and Password provided by the registrar.
General registration: the week before the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
- Fall semester: preceding April
- January Intersession: early December
- Spring semester: preceding October
Continuing students are expected to register for the next term during early registration, leaving general registration for making adjustments in the study program and for new students to register.
To register online through the GTU’s WebAdvisor, you must first have a User Name and Password, which is provided by the registrar at the new student orientation. Unclassified (non-degree) students will be registered by the registrar once all required forms and tuition are submitted.
Steps for registration:
- To choose courses, consult the SFTS course lists and the GTU course schedule (which includes SFTS offerings as well as those of the other GTU schools). The most up-to-date version of the course schedule can be found on the GTU website. Talk to your advisor to make sure that you are fulfilling the requirements of your degree.
- For courses with enrollment restrictions (such as limits on enrollment numbers and faculty permission requirements), contact the course instructor(s) by email to request the PIN number. Include your full name, degree program, year in the program, your preparation for the class, and why you wish to take the course. Send your request by the end of the first week of early registration or by the end of the week before general registration for any semester. Instructors will inform the students admitted to the limited class by email (by the beginning of the second week of early registration), providing a PIN to enable you to register for the class.
- Log in to WebAdvisor. Detailed instructions for the following steps can be found in the Student Handbook.
- Changes to your registration: Adjustments and corrections to your registration may be made without penalty until the end of the late registration period, which is usually the end of the second week of class in any given term. After that deadline, the registrar will make changes in your enrollment after you obtain the instructor’s signature on a change form and pay a $50 fee. A $100 fee will be charged for initial registration during the late registration period. No changes are allowed after the 10th week of class.
The Office of the Registrar issues official transcripts, which may be sent to the student or to other designated individuals or institutions. Permission to release transcripts must be given in writing. SFTS cannot provide official copies of transcripts from other institutions. Students who wish their grades to be sent routinely to the Committees on Preparation for Ministry may request this service by filing a release form with the registrar.
Transcripts cost $15 each. No transcript will be issued for any student whose SFTS financial accounts are not clear.